#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Waterfall Book Review

Waterfall Book Review 
By: Lisa T. Bergren
(The River of Times Series) 
  Read from July 09 to 11, 2013 

 Goodreads Summary

What do you do when your knight in shining armor lives, literally, in a different world?

Most American teenagers want a vacation in Italy, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives among the romantic hills with their archaelogist parents. Stuck among the rubble of the medieval castles in rural Tuscany, on yet another hot, dusty archaeological site, Gabi and Lia are bored out of their minds...until Gabi places her hand atop a handprint in an ancient tomb and finds herself in fourteenth-century Italy. And worse yet, in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces.

Suddenly Gabi's summer in Italy is much, much more interesting.
 My Thoughts


Ok my friend Mary Kathren (Met her at BAM) the day i met her recommended this series to me. And at first I didn't care to read it. The Synopsis didn't have a hook in it to make me WANNA read it. But she insisted I should, and gave me her Kindle password to read it.

So I started the book in July and read it in 2 days!! I fell in love with this series!! And the Characters are soooo LOVEABLE!! 

 My summary of the story does nothing for it, neither does the summary on the back of the books, because, frankly, both make the books sound a tad childish, a little cliche, basically- typical- and Waterfall is anything but. I LOVED this book. It’s one of those books that surprises you; of course you thought you would like it. I was thrown by how deeply immersed in the story I became!!It had everything a reader could want in a medieval adventure: battles, sword fights, balls, adventure, peril, humor, suspense, mystery, romance...everything! To put it simply--I was completely wowed by this book. The River of Time series ranks right up there with the best of them and will have a permanent spot on my bookshelf!

Gabriella (Gabi) was one amazing woman. While she was strong and fearless, she was also gentle, compassionate, and had her weaknesses. Being able to wield a sword gave her some advantage when the time travel landed her in the middle of a small war, but knowing how to spar with her father did little to prepare her to take on seasoned knights three times stronger than herself. But even then, she does not shirk from danger. That was one of my favorite aspects of Gabi--she was heroic and brave, even if she was inwardly scared out of her wits.

The men in these books were amazing! Marcello and Luca were just plain awesome. What girl wouldn't want a brave knight beside you, ready to die to keep you safe? And handsome, ta boot! While Marcello was wonderful, I felt more of a liking his sidekick, humorous Luca. His gentle teasing and quirky comments in the face of danger endeared me to this man who was so devoted to Marcello, and in turn, Gabi and Lia.

 A splendid start to a new trilogy and definitely one of my favorite reads of the year! This book is A MUST READ!! no no no this SERIES is A MUST READ!! My warning to you... Don't start it unless you have the time to finish it!! :)


5 STARS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment